One of the only true long distance hiking trails in the area, the trail encircles the park and gives hikers access to virtually all the features of the other trails combined. Access the trail at the Mallard Lake, Springbrook, Evergreen Lake or White Oak Campground areas. Many hikers find it enjoyable to leisurely explore the trail over two days. The trail is sometimes called the Scout Trail because of its popularity and long history with local scouts. Boy Scouts have used the trail to earn their hiking merit badge for more than 60 years. Because it is maintained as a primitive trail, expect to find occasional down trees and wet areas.
Monday, 15 January 2018 12:04
- Street Address: 4139 Girdham Rd
- City: Swanton
- State or Province: Ohio
- Postal Code (Zip): 43558
- Area Code and Phone: (419) 360-9179
- Location Website: Venue Website
- Date of Last Visit: 1-5-2018
- Things to Bring: Type in all items that Scouts and Leaders should bring to get the most from the visit.
- General Cost Overview: Free
Published in Hiking
Leave a comment
Please make your comments without the use of profanity. Your email address will not be displayed online.